Link to apply at the bottom of the article
Unisa: A leading open distance learning institution in Africa
If you are looking for a flexible and affordable way to pursue higher education in Africa, you might want to consider Unisa. Unisa is the University of South Africa, the largest open distance learning institution in Africa and the longest standing dedicated distance education university in the world. Unisa offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications, as well as short learning programmes, to over 370 000 students from across the continent and beyond.
What is open distance learning?
Open distance learning (ODL) is a mode of education that allows students to study remotely, without attending regular classes or campus facilities. ODL students can access learning materials, academic support and assessment online, through Unisa's student portal myUnisa. ODL enables students to study at their own pace, place and time, while balancing their personal and professional commitments.
What are the benefits of studying at Unisa?
Studying at Unisa has many advantages, such as:
- You can choose from over 500 qualifications in various fields of study, from certificates and diplomas to degrees and doctorates.
- You can apply for admission online and register for your selected courses online.
- You can access quality learning materials, academic support and library resources online.
- You can interact with your lecturers and fellow students through online forums, chats and webinars.
- You can take advantage of study support from TVET colleges and regional offices across South Africa.
- You can pay affordable fees and apply for financial assistance if you qualify.
- You can join a network of over 1 million Unisa alumni who are making a difference in their communities and professions.
How can you apply for admission to Unisa?
If you are interested in studying at Unisa, you need to follow these steps:
- Check the admission requirements for your chosen qualification on the Unisa website.
- Apply online for admission during the application period for your chosen qualification. You will need to submit certified copies of your previous qualifications, identity document and proof of payment of the application fee.
- Wait for the outcome of your application. You will receive an e-mail or SMS confirming whether you have been accepted or not.
- If you have been accepted, register online for your selected courses during the registration period for your chosen qualification. You will need to pay the minimum initial payment before you can register.
- Access your study materials and start your learning journey with Unisa.
For more information on how to apply for admission to Unisa, visit https://www.unisa.ac.za/sites/corporate/default/Apply-for-admission.
Unisa is a leading open distance learning institution in Africa that offers quality education to students who want to achieve their academic and career goals. If you are looking for a flexible and affordable way to pursue higher education in Africa, you might want to consider Unisa. Apply today and join the Unisa community!