# Why You Should Consider Studying at Northern Cape Rural TVET College
If you are looking for a quality education that will prepare you for a successful career in various fields, you might want to consider studying at Northern Cape Rural TVET College (NCR TVET College). NCR TVET College is one of the 50 public Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) colleges in South Africa, offering a range of National Certificate Vocational (NCV) and Nated courses across five campuses in Upington, Kathu, Kuruman, Namaqualand and De Aar.
In this blog post, we will highlight some of the benefits of studying at NCR TVET College and how you can apply for admission and bursaries.
## What are the benefits of studying at NCR TVET College?
- You can choose from more than 20 courses designed in partnership with industry leaders such as UNISA, North West University and various Sector Education and Training Authorities (SETAs). These courses cover fields such as engineering, business, hospitality, tourism, education, agriculture and more. You can find the full list of courses on their website.
- You can get a nationally recognised qualification that will equip you with relevant skills and knowledge for your chosen profession. The NCV courses are equivalent to Grade 12 and offer both theory and practical components. The Nated courses are post-matric programmes that lead to national diplomas or certificates.
- You can access financial support through the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS), which provides loans and bursaries to eligible students. NSFAS covers tuition fees, books and accommodation costs for students who meet the criteria. You can apply online or at your nearest campus.
- You can enjoy a supportive learning environment with qualified lecturers, modern facilities, student support services and extracurricular activities. NCR TVET College also offers an aptitude test to help you find the right career path for your interests and abilities.
- You can benefit from the college's strong links with employers, industry bodies and higher education institutions. This means you can get exposure to work opportunities, internships, learnerships and further studies after completing your course.
## How can you apply for admission at NCR TVET College?
To apply for admission at NCR TVET College, you need to follow these steps:
1. Gather these documents: Your South African ID and latest academic results; IDs of parents or guardian (or death certificate where applicable); IDs of each person living with you in your home; pay advice or letter of employment or pension advice (not older than three months).
2. Download and complete these forms: The consent form with your parent or guardian's signatures; if you have a disability, download the Disability Annexure A form as well.
3. Visit your nearest campus: Complete the Campus Application Form; take an easy aptitude test; hand in the documents from step 1 & 2; apply for the course of your dreams.
NCR TVET College is a great choice for anyone who wants to pursue a quality education that will prepare them for a successful career in various fields. The college offers a range of courses designed in partnership with industry leaders; financial support through NSFAS; a supportive learning environment; and strong links with employers and higher education institutions.
North Cape Rural TVET College is a technical and vocational education and training institution located in Kathu, Northern Cape province, South Africa. It is one of the public TVET colleges in the country and serves the rural areas of the Northern Cape province.
The college has three campuses, namely Kathu, Kuruman, and De Aar, and it offers a range of courses in various fields, including engineering, business studies, tourism, hospitality, and information technology. The college also offers National Certificate (Vocational) courses, NATED courses, and learnerships.
North Cape Rural TVET College has a strong focus on skills development and practical training, with workshops, laboratories, and equipment to provide students with hands-on experience. The college also has partnerships with industry to ensure that its courses are relevant and up-to-date with industry standards.
The college has a student-centered approach to learning, with dedicated support services for students, including career guidance, counselling, and financial aid. The college also offers a range of extracurricular activities, including sports, clubs, and societies, to help students develop their personal and social skills.
North Cape Rural TVET College has a reputation for academic excellence, and its graduates are highly sought after by employers. The college also has strong links with universities and other higher education institutions, providing students with opportunities to further their studies and career prospects.
In conclusion, North Cape Rural TVET College is an excellent institution for technical and vocational education and training in South Africa. Its commitment to skills development, practical training, and student support makes it an ideal choice for students seeking a high-quality education that prepares them for the world of work. The college is also a valuable resource for the rural communities of the Northern Cape province, providing access to education and training that can help uplift and improve the lives of the people in the area.